Quotes On Letting Go Of Control
Letting go of control is often easier said than done. It requires a tremendous amount of strength and courage to release the need to control every aspect of our lives. However, when we learn to let go, we open ourselves up to new possibilities, growth, and inner peace. Below are some powerful quotes on letting go of control that will inspire and encourage you on your journey towards surrender.
1. “By letting it go, it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try, the world is beyond the winning.” – Lao Tzu
2. “Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be.” – Sonia Ricotti
3. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” – Steve Maraboli
4. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
5. “The moment you give up all hope of control is the moment you can fully enjoy the beauty of what is.” – Ralph Marston
6. “The more you try to control something, the more it controls you. Free yourself and let things take their own natural course.” – Leon Brown
7. “Control your own destiny or someone else will.” – Jack Welch
8. “Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us.” – Melody Beattie
9. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” – Steve Maraboli
10. “You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” – Wayne Dyer
11. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” – Alan Watts
12. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” – Steve Maraboli
13. “The moment you accept what troubles you’ve been given, the door will open.” – Rumi
14. “Don’t let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” – Dalai Lama
15. “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.” – Jack Kornfield
16. “Control is never achieved when sought after directly. It is the surprising outcome of letting go.” – James Arthur Ray
17. “The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.” – Steve Maraboli
18. “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go, but rather learning to start over.” – Nicole Sobon
19. “Letting go isn’t a one-time thing, it’s something you have to do every day, over and over again.” – Dawson’s Creek
20. “Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainty. Enjoy the beauty of becoming.” – Unknown
Advice from Professionals on Letting Go of Control:
1. Dr. Wayne Dyer: “Letting go of control is not a sign of weakness, but rather a sign of strength. It takes courage to trust the process and surrender to the unknown.”
2. Melody Beattie: “Remember that letting go of control doesn’t mean giving up or being passive. It means accepting that you cannot control everything and allowing yourself to focus on what you can control.”
3. Eckhart Tolle: “Realize that the need for control arises from fear. When you let go of control, you step into the present moment and find peace within.”
4. Deepak Chopra: “Understand that control is an illusion. The more you try to control, the more resistance you create. Surrender to the flow of life and trust that everything is unfolding as it should.”
5. Brené Brown: “Letting go of control requires vulnerability. Embrace vulnerability as a strength and practice self-compassion when things don’t go as planned.”
6. Oprah Winfrey: “Learn to trust yourself and the universe. Release the need to control every outcome and have faith that things will work out in the best possible way.”
7. Louise Hay: “Forgive yourself for trying to control everything. Embrace self-acceptance and let go of the need for perfection.”
In summary, letting go of control is a powerful and transformative practice. These quotes and advice from professionals remind us of the importance of surrendering, embracing vulnerability, and trusting in the natural flow of life. By releasing our need for control, we can cultivate inner peace, happiness, and open ourselves up to new possibilities. Remember, the only person we truly have control over is ourselves, so let go and trust the process.
1. Is letting go of control a sign of weakness?
No, letting go of control is a sign of strength and courage. It requires acknowledging that not everything is within our control and having faith in the process.
2. How can I let go of control in my daily life?
Practice mindfulness, surrender to the present moment, and trust that everything is unfolding as it should. Focus on what you can control and accept what you cannot.
3. Will letting go of control make me happier?
Letting go of control can lead to greater happiness and inner peace. It allows you to reduce stress and anxiety, and embrace the flow of life.
4. Can I still have goals and aspirations while letting go of control?
Absolutely! Letting go of control doesn’t mean giving up on your dreams. It means releasing attachment to the outcome and trusting that the journey will lead you where you need to be.
5. How can I overcome the fear of letting go?
Recognize that control arises from fear and understand that it limits your growth. Practice self-compassion, embrace vulnerability, and remind yourself of the positive outcomes that can come from letting go.
6. Is it possible to regain control after letting go?
Regaining control after letting go is not the goal. Instead, focus on finding a balance between taking responsibility for what you can control and surrendering to the flow of life.